Sunday, January 1, 2012

Unforgettable

I wish I could remember all the sweet and hilarious things Emme and Tatum do or say. There are just so many of them and since I am terrible about writing them down, that is the point of this blog...to capture as many of those moments I can via technology instead. Here are a few of the many things they have said or done as of lately:

A recent conversation about my friend Jordan being pregnant...
Me: "Emme, did you know Parker's mommy has a baby in her belly?"
Emme: "But we don't have a baby in our belly right?"
Me: "Right. But before you and Tatum were born you both were in my belly."
Emme: "Yeah. But Tatum already crawled out."

Unfortunately I cannot remember as to what she was referring to, but Emme recently said, "You have to be patient Dad."

While Joe was watching a NFL game on TV, one of the teams was wearing red (probably the 49ers as that's his favorite team!).
Joe: "Emme, what color jerseys are the players wearing?"
Emme: "Red. Just like Nebraska. Where Grandma Peg lives."
I LOVE that she connected that...because one day she will be playing Nebraska volleyball... on a full athletic AND academic scholarship...as will Tatum...obviously. ;)

One evening before bed Emme asked for a snack. I was walking some friends out so offered her a quick and convenient (for me at least) snack...a fruit rollup. After I had unrolled it and given it to her...
Emme: "Mommy, is this a healthy snack."
Me: I first chuckled then said, "No, not really."
Emme: "Oh. Well can I have a healthy snack?"
Me: Shocked I said, "Sure. You want some carrots?"
Emme: "Yes."
Who's child ARE you???

I love how observant Emme is while reading her books. She points out things I don't even notice. It's so fascinating to me to see the things she notices compared to me. Probably my most favorite thing she does while I read to her is if there is food in the book, she "picks up" the food with her thumb and index finger and feeds herself and I. Whether it be an apple, cookies, pizza, carrots, or a glass of milk, we never go to bed hungry.

Then there's my sweet little Tatum. She loves to smile...but also scowls a fair share as well. I didn't even know it was possible for such a little human being to know how to scowl. She does it with perfection. And she means it when she throws it out! I can't remember the exact month but it was sometime this summer before her 1st birthday that she threw out her first word. "Mama." So beautiful to hear your daughter's first word be that of my new role in life. A mom.

Tatum also started walking. Although her main means of getting from here to there is crawling, she has finally starting walking. Her first steps were December 8th, 2011, at Michelle and Scott's house. She had quite the cheering section as she would walk between Michelle and I or Joe and I as we would all break in to applause with as few or as many steps as she would do. So much so that she started just expecting it with one step. She would take one step, fall on purpose, then applaud herself. Repeatedly. I have to admit, it's pretty darn cute watching her applaud for herself, even if it is for only one step.

Emme and Tatum...may you always know how much you make me smile, laugh, and cry, but mostly, how much I love you...SOOOOOOO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive