Monday, October 11, 2010

There's no place like HOME

It has been awhile since my last post and wow, has a lot happened! Let me go back to the summer after our Florida trip.

Emme and I were fortunate enough to go back to Nebraska for 9 days and spend time with my entire family. Unfortunately Joe couldn't go as it was his last summer for banking school. We had a great time spending time with my family and Emme had a chance to get to know her boy cousins a bit better. We played in the lake, went to Pawnee Plunge, blew lots of bubbles, were tickled by Grandpa, jumped on Grandpa and Grandma's bed, saw friends in Omaha, built tents, saw lots of extended family, ate popsicles, played with Neo, saw my dad's land (rode all through the land on a four-wheeler while hanging on to Emme with one hand and for dear life on the other...all while 7 months pregnant), and even received a kiss from Baron on the cheek on the last day. I never wanted it to end. It is such a pleasure being around my entire family now that we have grown so much and they just keep coming!



Emme is quite the little swimmer. She LOVES being in the water and is even brave enough to go under water briefly. She learned how to do it during her swim lessons at the beginning of the summer. She sings "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down..." which prompts her to then hold her breath and go under briefly. Here she is with "gamma" at Pawnee Plunge.

One of the funniest moments was when I laid Emme down for a late morning nap because she seemed tired and was rather crabby. She cried for 30 minutes before I decided to give in and just go get her up. While on the way to my bedroom her cries seemed louder. I realized the door was open and I heard Baron say, "Emme, do you want me to help you out?" and Emme replied, "Uh huh." PRICELESS!!! I'm sure this is only the beginning of the things those two will come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive