Friday, January 15, 2010

Holidays 2009

Hoping you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and are still sticking with those New Year's Resolutions! :) Of course one of mine this year (as it is every year...don't know when I will ever NOT have it as a resolution) was to lose some weight. However, being that I quit the gym, I'm a little worried as to how this is going to pan out. Since we moved, we also started going to a new gym. Well, it's actually the same gym we've been going to, just a different location. The new location is SUPER busy ALL THE TIME that I often have to wait in a line for machines to become available. If you know me at all, then you know that this drives me INSANE!!! Our new neighborhood is currently building a rec center to hopefully open in a year from now. So needless to say we are looking at treadmills in the meantime as well as exploring outside more like I have always wanted. Wish me luck!

We had a great Christmas being fortunate enough to have my parents snowed in with us for longer than expected (due to the Nebraska blizzard) then were able to make it to Nebraska for the week of New Year's. I must say that I thought spending New Year's in Columbus, Nebraska, had me a bit worried but it ended up being one of the most fun ones I have ever had thanks to my brothers, sister-in-laws, cousin Amy and her boyfriend, and my parents (for watching the kids!). We also were able to have Jaiden (Drew's daughter) for 3 nights. Although challenging as she was shy around us, we definitely felt blessed to finally have our entire family together.

I don't think Emerson will need any more toys or gifts for several years after how much she received this year. She was a VERY good girl so she was spoiled! A few of the big and favorite items were a radio flyer all-terrain wagon, a fake leather wingback chair in her size, an army colored rideable truck (don't ask), and a sweet pea doll. I can see that future Christmas' will only get more fun...as well as understanding the REAL reason we celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you figured out how to change up your blog. I knew you could do it. Christmas is more and more fun as the kids get older. I get giddy just getting things ready for them. I hope all is well, keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive