Monday, November 30, 2009

Catch Up

Whew! It has been a LONG time since I last posted on this. We've been a little busy...let me recap. Shortly after that last post Emme and I went back to Columbus for approximately 10 days. We had a BLAST being home for so long and seeing so many people. Emme hung out with her cousins Baron and Max, went swimming in the lake, went to the water park, went to the Henry Doorly Zoo, went to Lexie's (my best friend's daughter) birthday party, saw all the grandparents, and attended my cousin Chris' wedding. We then made an unfortunate and unexpected trip back to Nebraska in mid-September after the passing of my Grandpa Slu. The positive thing about that trip took place at the very end when I passed my Nurse Practitioner exam!!! I think Grandpa Slu had a little (a LOT) something to do with that! We also celebrated Emerson's 1st birthday at the end of the month. It was fun celebrating with Uncle Drew, Uncle Greg, and Aunt Alicia. She gracefully dove into her ladybug cake I made her. In October, Mitch, Lyndsi, and Baron came to visit. My friend Amanda who is a photographer took impeccable family photos for us. Shortly after that visit, Emme and I headed back to Nebraska and stayed with Michelle and Scott then with my parents. We went to the unbelievable Vala's Pumpkin Patch and had a lot of fun exploring. Early November then took us all to Chicago to celebrate Joe's and my 5th year wedding anniversary! We had a fantastic time staying with Joe's friend Luke and his wife Joanna who live 1/2 block from Michigan Avenue on the 19th floor of a beautiful building. Needless to say we were very spoiled. Then, to keep us busy, we moved the following week to an area called Stapleton within Denver. Joe was promoted in his job to branch manager but with that came a relocation...a much further commute from where we were living. We are loving the new place and even more the new neighborhood and are looking forward to celebrating the holidays in a new place with a fresh start and a REAL Christmas tree (the first for all of us!). I hope to post some pics soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive