Friday, June 5, 2009

Joe's 30th Birthday

Joe's finally 30! Joe's 30th birthday was yesterday and I threw him a surprise party at one of his favorite Mexican restaurants (he has several favorites!). We had a great time celebrating with close family and friends. It was the perfect group of people...with the exception of those of you who live far away!


Joe has been fascinated with the Snuggie blankets many of you have probably seen on TV in the last year or two. He thinks they are the best invention ever and has said on several occasions how cool it would be if we both had one. Well, persistence paid off because my brother Drew granted his wish.


However, he was disappointed to come home and try it on and realize that it is basically a robe that you put on backwards. We both assumed it was poncho style contraption. So we have decided to invent one that is. Now don’t go try and steal our brilliant idea away from us, we are already in the process of getting a patent.



Now most of you probably don't know this but aside from our vows, Joe and I have one other HUGE promise to each other. And that is that when out at a restaurant that makes a big deal for people's birthdays and most of the servers come over and do a really gay clap/dance/sing combo, we will NEVER ever EVER impose that on each other...EVER! Well, without my knowing, and I SWEAR on my life I didn't know, this restaurant came and did the gay clap/dance/sing combo for Joe. Fortunately it only lasted a few seconds but I feel I am not owed this act of humiliation!

Happy 30th Birthday JoJo! And welcome to your thirties! Here is a picture of us with his sister Alicia and her husband Greg.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive