Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh Del

So I work with this nurse named Del Marie and she is one of the most hilarious persons I have ever met. I literally love going to work the days she will be there too. Del had several careers prior to becoming a nurse, one of which was a cosmetologist for which Del learned to match her eye shadow to the primary color of her clothes...literally. She has all the colors you can imagine from purple to blue to red to yellow to green. Needless to say it is always fascinating to see which color Del will match to her scrubs the days I work with her. Del and I actually share the same birthday and when we realized this, she told me we should get a black and white cake, referencing the color of our skin. Oh Del...


Del would always feel my belly when I was prego with Emerson and now always talks and asks about her "niece". A few months ago Del received a picture of beautiful baby in the mail and put it on her fireplace. Feeling touched I had sent her another picture of Emerson, she admired that picture above her fireplace for several weeks which then turned into a few months. Even a coworker, Jackie, who has been to Del's house several times, has admired it above her fireplace as well. Del recently made a comment to me about the beautiful picture I had taken and sent of Emerson. Replying with, "Del, I have no idea what you are talking about?" prompted Del to go home and investigate the picture a little closer. It was not until then that she realized the picture was also a card so she opened it up and read it. To her surprise, it was NOT a picture of Emerson, it was an ad for the Equal Opportunity Housing Council! After many laughs at Del's cluelessness, Del brought the picture/card to me where it is now hanging on my refrigerator for my amusement.


Here is a picture of Del Marie, her husband Dennis, and Emerson at our work Christmas party last year.


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! That is freakin hilarious.....say "hey" to Del for me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive