Monday, May 23, 2011

Pope Jerry

Last week the girls and I were in Nebraska for a very good childhood friend of mine's wedding. We spent a couple days in Omaha so the girls and I went to Old Navy to buy Emme her summer wardrobe. We had just finished trying massive amounts of clothes on her when I was sorting through keepers/no keepers when I heard her say, "Grandpa Jerry. He nice." Wondering what she was talking about I looked over at her and saw that she had gone through my wallet and found a picture of Pope John Paul II and was looking at it. I literally started laughing outloud. Then when we were in Columbus, I pulled out the picture and asked Emme, "Who is this?" She looked at the picture, looked up at my dad, then back at the picture and said, "Grandpa Jerry!" Clearly my dad LOVED the fact that she thought he was the Pope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive