Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heart Day

Joe and I are not big Valentine Day celebrators for several reasons, with the most important being that we were engaged the day AFTER Valentine's Day in 2004 therefore we like to cheers to that instead. We kept talking about what we should do for V-day but could not really decide on anything. Then magic happened. Joe called me that afternoon at work and this is how our conversation went.

"So I've made some plans for tonight." (J)
"Okay?!?!" (M--with definite hesitation)
"We are going to come home and get our sweatpants on and walk over to the Lowry Town Center and get a bite to eat and maybe a glass of wine. I already got us a sitter." (J)
"Who?" (M)
"Drew Slusarski." (J)
"Okay." (M with laughter)
"Then we are going to go rent Shrek 3 and come home and watch it with Emme and Tatum in our bed." (J)
"Joe?" (M)
"Yes?" (J)
"You had me at sweatpants." (M)

It was by far my most favorite heart day EVER! To first put sweats on (my #1 choice of clothing at all times, hands down), have a sitter so Joe and I could enjoy an adult conversation for once along, and topping it off, a movie in bed with my kids and hubby...nothing beats that in my mind whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive