The next day my mom came up after her class was over and we did some brief shopping then went to my friend Hillary's house. We visited and let the kids play for awhile as my mom played soccer with her son Sam. :) Then we headed over to my cousin Morgan's house. She recently bought a home herself and it was so fun seeing what she has done with her place. Morgan and I are really close so it was just awesome catching up and hanging out with her. We spent the night and slept in the next morning while Morgan left to go to the Husker vs. Texas game in Lincoln. We went over to my BFF Michelle's house and watched the game. I wish we could watch every Husker game together! We then headed to Columbus that evening.
On Sunday we went to church that morning at my alma mater :) then headed to Greeley to visit my Grandpa Ray. We had a lot of fun visiting and laughing then headed to the dining area where some people were playing music and singing songs. We tried to convince Emme to go dance but she wouldn't do it. I tried every bribe in the book. :) Grandpa was quite the star as they asked him to come sing the closing song...which he obviously did.
Monday my mom didn't have classes so we just hung out, went for a walk, and took Emme and Tatum to the indoor pool area at the New World Inn. Tuesday the girls and I went to see my Grandma Slu. It's always so good to see her but sad at the same time due to her extreme dementia. The workers at her facility always take such good care of her though and I feel comfort in knowing that. We then went and picked my mom up from meetings she had that day. Tuesday evening I met my childhood friend Johnny and his girlfriend Tara for a couple of drinks at Glurs Tavern. It was great meeting his then girlfriend but as I write this they are now engaged!!! The rest of the week we just played with the kids, went for walks, watched movies, and enjoyed each others company. It was so great being at home and being able to relax and have plenty of time to see people. I even officially broke Emme of her binky habit!!! Yay!!!
Friday we headed back to Omaha and met Scott and Michelle at Lexie's gymnastics class. It was great seeing her show off her moves and at the end of it Lexie's aunt Raechel took Emme, Lexie, and her daughter Chloe to jump on a couple different trampolines. It was hilarious watching them as they were having a blast jumping around. That evening Michelle and I went out while Scott and my mom watched the kids. We had a great time trying to fit in with the 21 year olds but doubt we blended in as good as we thought we did. :)
Saturday we dropped Tatum off at Michelle's mom's house and Michelle, Lexie, my mom, Emme, and I went to Vala's Pumpkin Patch. My mom had never been there and like me, was amazed at how huge it was and all the activities they offered in every nook and cranny. We took a hayrack ride to the pumpkin patch and picked out some baby pumpkins to bring back home. I know the girls had a blast jumping in hay, going down slides, feeding goats, "driving" a tractor, and more as they both fell asleep instantly on the carride home. However, this is where the tears started flowing as my mom and I said "see you later" for she was heading back to Columbus and I was heading to Michelle's until we flew back to Denver on Monday. I think the only other time I've cried leaving my mom was when we left after my wedding. It is getting harder and harder leaving my parents and best friend each time I see them. :( I seriously consider moving back.
Sunday I took the girls over to see my friend Hillary and her family again and the McQuillans. I lived with the McQ's my last year of nursing school. As usual, it was great catching up with them and seeing how much the kids have grown. Monday we flew back to Denver, with Michelle fortunately! The flight was rather bumpy but we made it home. Emme was just as excited to see Joe as he was her. Michelle stayed until Saturday and she was a huge help. Of course we got in our usual shopping and even a late night movie at the theater but she watched them while I went to get my haircut and a massage...a girl's dream! :) Friday night Michelle and I, Alicia, and Jordan all went out for Mama's Night Out 2010. Needless to say it was a hit and I won't be showing too many of those pictures on this blog as it is really for my kids. :) Michelle left Saturday and of course that is never ever ever ever fun. I miss my Michelle!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment