Patience: the capacity to endure what is difficult or disagreeable without complaining.
That is what my sister-in-law Alicia and her husband Greg have had over the past few years as they have dealt with wanting children but not being able to have them. Going through the painful process of fertility only to have it not work either. Then the adoption process. Waiting. And more waiting. Knowing expectant mothers were looking at their profile then not choosing them. Sadness. Pain. Hurt. Patience. Although there were moments of emotional breakdown, I don't think I would've handled it as gracefully as they did. I would have wanted to scream at somebody at the top of my lungs. And being on the outside is difficult to, not knowing the right thing to say to comfort them. We all had to have immense hope and faith that God would one day bless them with a child and that He was just getting everything in order in their lives before granting them their wish...to have a family. It took A LOT of patience. Knowing that we weren't in control of their destiny, only He was. And we should never doubt Him.
For on April 26th, their destiny began to fall in place. They were matched for an adoption. The birth mother and father are no longer together but through their pain, they rose above it and sought what will be in the best interest of their baby GIRL. They chose Greg and Alicia as her parents to guide her, protect her, and raise her. The maturity of these young birth parents amazes me and the humility they are exemplifying is phenominal. They did not choose abortion, rather life, as hard as it was at their young age. I see them as heroes. Heroes to this innocent little life they created, Greg and Alicia, and the rest of the world. I hope one day the birth parents feel that too.
Their due date is May 21st, so as you can imagine, their is excitement and chaos on the other end of the spectrum. Preparing for a baby in less then a month when most people have 9-10 months to prepare is a little overwhelming...but a very GOOD overwhelming. Then I think of my bestie, Michelle, and her husband Scott, and how they literally had a couple DAYS to prepare for the adoption of their daughter Lexie. WHEW!!!
As said earlier, they are having a little girl. We are thrilled Emme will have a little cousin to soon play with who lives in the same city! I will post her name when she arrives but Emme is already saying it flawlessly. Please keep the birth parents and Greg and Alicia in your prayers as this is exciting for those involved, yet sad at the same time I'm sure for a few involved as well.
It seems so surreal after everything they have gone through and yet as I reminded Alicia, you will get far more "no's" before you ever get that one "yes". And boy is that the truth! But that ONE SINGLE "yes" makes up for the many "no's" they have encountered thus far. PRAISE JESUS...as Alicia said the day of the match.
Greg and Alicia were invited by Miranda to come to her doctor's appointment today and are there as I write this. I look forward to hearing how it went!
Will keep you all posted on this situation and hope to post more good news on it in the near future!!!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment