Tuesday, July 21, 2009

God Bless America

We had another fun Independence Day celebration this year due to great weather, friends, food, and fireworks. The park and lake area we live by puts on fantastic festivities throughout the day every July 4th from a pancake feed early in the morning to a parade, games, stage performances, music, and food vendors. My goal this year was to eat 3 sno cones but unfortunately I only ate 2...not from lack of a sugar high though, more just lack of time from getting the house and food ready before our guests were to arrive. I know this is extremely disappointing but I plan on starting earlier in the day to reach this goal! The highlight was watching Emerson experience her first fireworks show. We laid right outside our little backyard to watch an impressive display of colors, sounds, and designs. She snuggled right in with her daddy and watched in amazement as a beautiful array of fireworks shot up into the air. Thank you God for the profound freedom we are blessed to have in this country! God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive